Athlétisme Ville-Marie is a civil running club established in 2017. Open to new members from all parts of Montreal and partnered with Université du Québec à Montréal. The goal of the club is to support athletes of all ages and abilities to achieve their potential in the sport of track and field.
Monday 7am & Wednesday at 5:30pm with Jim
Wednesday 6pm and Saturday 9am at various locations with John
We believe strongly in upholding the Athlétisme Ville-Marie Team Values: Progression, Patience, Positive Attitude and Personal Best.
- Always move forward
- Go a little further & faster
- Progression is relative, it applies to everyone in their own way
- Commit to the long haul by setting big goals
- Progress at the right pace
- Success = effort + time. Live the vision every day.
- Working smart and hard is fun
- Be happy and excited about training and racing
- Share your excitement with teammates
Personal Best (PB)
- The Personal Best is the ultimate measure of success
- Run your best to win
- Run your best to place for the team
- Team, provincial, national and international records all require PBs
Meet the Coaches
A chartered professional coach through the Coaching Association of Canada, John is certified by Athletics Canada at the Performance Coach level, and has served as a Learning Facilitator for the Performance Coach course, as well as a Coach Evaluator for distance coaches at the Performance and Club coach levels. He also has USATF Level 3 and IAAF Level 5 Elite Coach certification in Endurance, and has lead Canadian national teams at the IAAF World Half Marathon Championships (Cardiff 2016) and the Pan-Am XC Cup (Boca Raton 2017).
The head track & field/cross country coach at Université du Québec à Montréal, Jim is certified by Athletics Canada at the Performance Coach level. He is Level 1 USATF certified and spent 5 years as a university assistant coach in Montreal. Jim served as Equipe Quebec’s senior men & women’s coach at the Canadian Cross Country Championships (2015) and was member of the mission staff at the IAAF World Athletics Championships (2013 & 2015), Pan Am Games (2015) & Olympic Games (2016).