Athlétisme Ville-Marie is a civil running club established in 2017. Open to new members from all parts of Montreal and partnered with Université du Québec à Montréal. The goal of the club is to support athletes of all ages and abilities to achieve their potential in the sport of track and field.
Monday 6pm with Jim
Wednesday 6pm and Saturday 9am at various locations with John
We believe strongly in upholding the Athlétisme Ville-Marie Team Values: Progression, Patience, Positive Attitude and Personal Best.
- Always move forward
- Go a little further & faster
- Progression is relative, it applies to everyone in their own way
- Commit to the long haul by setting big goals
- Progress at the right pace
- Success = effort + time. Live the vision every day.
- Working smart and hard is fun
- Be happy and excited about training and racing
- Share your excitement with teammates
Personal Best (PB)
- The Personal Best is the ultimate measure of success
- Run your best to win
- Run your best to place for the team
- Team, provincial, national and international records all require PBs
Meet the Coaches
A chartered professional coach through the Coaching Association of Canada, John is certified by Athletics Canada at the Performance Coach level, and has served as a Learning Facilitator for the Performance Coach course, as well as a Coach Evaluator for distance coaches at the Performance and Club coach levels. He also has USATF Level 3 and IAAF Level 5 Elite Coach certification in Endurance, and has lead Canadian national teams at the IAAF World Half Marathon Championships (Cardiff 2016) and the Pan-Am XC Cup (Boca Raton 2017).
The head track & field/cross country coach at Université du Québec à Montréal, Jim is certified by Athletics Canada at the Performance Coach level. He is Level 1 USATF certified and spent 5 years as a university assistant coach in Montreal. Jim served as Equipe Quebec’s senior men & women’s coach at the Canadian Cross Country Championships (2015) and was member of the mission staff at the IAAF World Athletics Championships (2013 & 2015), Pan Am Games (2015) & Olympic Games (2016).